King oyster mushrooms are growing in popularity for their diverse range of uses, but above all for me is this plant-based scallops alternative.
Plant based garlic and basil scallops recipe for a delicious seafood alternative using king oyster mushrooms.
- 5 large king oyster mushrooms
- 4tbsp rapeseed oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2tsp sea salt
- 1/4tsp black pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- 5g fresh basil
- Remove the heads from the king oyster mushrooms, saving them for another recipe. Slice the stalk into quarter inch thick slices. Crush the garlic cloves and halve the lemon. Tear the basil leaves.
- Preheat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic to the oil and stir for roughly a minute before placing the mushroom stalk slices into the oil and pressing them down firmly. Leave to fry for around 5 minutes per side.
- Turn off the heat, squeeze in the juice from half of the lemon, catching the pips. Stir in the salt, pepper and basil. Serve!
- Nutrition per serving:
- Calories: 388
- Protein: 13g
- Fibre: 9g
- Iron: 5mg
- Vitamin C: 14mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- Cholesterol: 0mg