Indulgent overnight oats with peanut butter and some mixed berries (strawberry, raspberry, or blueberry) is ALWAYS a win! 🍒
Oat breakfasts have become a regular breakfast in our house as they offer a different combination every time - raspberry overnight oats work well with cocoa. Other days a plainer base with blueberries and raisins is what works best.
Two benefits to preparing these overnight oats: absolutely no cooking, and you can wake up and eat! 😍
If you workout, peanut butter and oats are perfect for giving you the energy you need while ensuring you don't burn through it in a heartbeat.
I have refined this recipe many times to get the best nutrition to start the day - it offers a balance between helpful fats, fibre, complex carbohydrates, energising fruits, and long-lasting energy.
Make it your own and send in your food snaps (IG/FB: @goplantbased.me). 📷
Some ideas for how you could make it your own:
- Swap the peanut butter for almond/cashew
- Make the overnight oats with a higher fibre oat type, like groats or pinhead oats.
- Dried fruits, although these are far less beneficial
Mixed Berry Overnight Oats with Peanut Butter and Flax
A hearty start to anyone's day with long-lasting energy from the oats, peanut butter, berry mix and flax seeds.
- 100g oats (pinhead is best, or porridge)
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup strawberries
- 1tbsp peanut butter
- 1tbsp chia seeds
- 1tbsp flax seeds
- Oat milk (to top)
- Combine all ingredients and mix well, cover with oat milk so that it just covers everything, leave in the fridge overnight and enjoy in the morning.
- Nutrition per serving:
- Calories: 629
- Protein: 21g
- Fibre: 21g
- Iron: 6.5mg
- Vitamin C: 37mg
- Calcium: 175mg
- Cholesterol: 0mg