Delicious Lentil Dhal - Easy Vegan Curry RecipePublished: 10/12/2020 by Samuel Anthony
Easy, quick vegan Lentil Dhal curry recipe. Packed with iron, protein and fibre! Hearty source of energy and nutrition!
Easy Vegan Curry Recipe - Lentil Dhal
Filled with health promoting fibres, boost strength and repair with high protein, and increase energy levels with this iron-packed curry.
This warming lentil curry packs a hefty portion, enjoy over an evening!
Lentil Dhal with Brown Rice
Nutrition (per serving)
- Calories: 538
- Protein: 13g
- Iron: 9mg
- Calcium: 89mg
- Fat: 34g
- Saturates: 25g
- Cholesterol: 0
- Trans fats: 0
- Fibre: 9.9g
- 2 Small Red Onions
- 1/4tsp Salt (Himalayan Pink/Iodised)
- 1tbsp Rapeseed/Hemp/Flax Oil, or water
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 2tbsp / Thumb-Sized Piece Fresh Ginger
- Handful Fresh Corriander
- 1tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1tsp Ground Corriander
- 1tsp Ground Fenugreek
- 1tsp Garam Masala
- 200g Red Lentils, dried (not canned/soaked)
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes/Passata
- 400ml Coconut Milk (low-inflammation option: 200ml of plant-based milk, and add 200ml more water to the stock)
- 180g Brown Rice
Finely chop the onions, garlic, ginger and corriander.
Fry the onions for 5-7 minutes on a medium heat in either water or the oil.
Next, add the garlic, ginger and half of the coriander.
Stir in the spices and heat through for 30s.
Finally, add the remaining ingredients and bring to a gentle simmer for 35-40 minutes.